June 19, 2019

About the Ballet School

The most important reason that I am here in Las Palmas, is for the ballet training. Centro Coreographico de Las Palmas, is a studio located in the center of the city. Carmen and Anatol Yanowsky are the owners and main teachers of the studio. What makes them so impressive, is that three of their children who they trained, ended up becoming principal dancers with major companies around the world.
Although they have a school for all ages year around, professional dancers from the U.S and Europe know of this place for the two week summer program that's held in July. But there are no advertisements or websites - this place has been kept alive through word of mouth, which makes it all the more special.
What I love about Carmen and Anatol is that you can feel their genuine willingness to make you see your maximum potential in yourself, and help you get there. A part of me had felt guilty for coming this summer - simply because they had helped me get so much stronger last year, and now I am starting back from square one due to injury. But they were still just as excited and attentive to have me here, and helped me feel assured that I will fully get back to dancing as I was last year.
I also love that this place has brought so many dancers from around the world. Over the last three summers, I have met people from Kansas, Berlin, Boston, Warsaw, Madrid, and Austin. We all come together to enjoy the beauty of Las Palmas, and share our love of dance.

No comments:

Post a Comment