June 4, 2019

About Serendipia

Hi and welcome to Serendipia. As an artist, I've always been fascinated by the concept of the "creative spark", and essentially, I want to use this blog as a platform to discover just that. I want to know what makes people create and innovate, where creativity hides, how people create in the face of challenge and self-doubt.
I have been dancing ever since I can remember, and have been lucky enough to dance professionally with the New York City Ballet for the last four years. In the last two summers, I serendipitously discovered ballet teachers on an island in Spain. Las Palmas de Gran Canaria has such a special place in my heart, because when I had doubted myself through injury, or when I felt apprehensive when my career felt out of my control - this island helped me rekindle my joy for the ballet when I needed it the most. This summer, I will be on the island for six weeks to get my strength back after a stress fracture, and I can't wait to share my discoveries, questions, and experiences of this special place through my eyes. And to my readers, I hope that this blog can help you create, and further your imagination, in whatever it may be.

No comments:

Post a Comment